Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Via-Via Traveler Cafe & Restaurant


One activity that should not be missed when you stopped at a town is enjoying dinner with a different feel, so was mine. Living in a hostel in the area Prawirotaman, Jogja - known as tourist village, attracted me to taste the menu at the famous cafe in this area.

On the recommendation of my friend, I tried the Via-Via Traveler Cafe & Restaurant, located in the middle of the aisle Prawirotaman I. Night and day this place is always full. So you have to be prepared if you do not get a seat. That means you have to wait or sit in bar chair adjacent to the kitchen or choose another place.

This place is not so large, even relatively small. Consisting of ground floor and a smaller upstairs. The interior was unique and there is an open kitchen, so we can see the cooking process. Small benches and minimalist tables make this room can filled by many people. So do not ever expect to get here loveseat or sofas. Inside the left side and upper floor looks more artistic. There are two small benches outside the restaurant with tiny table, and there I was. Because there is no more seat for me.

Via-Via offers diverse menu, Western-style and Javanese also available. For Javanese menu, each day there will be a different special menu. Very interesting. Finally I chose the main dish: rice eggplant balado seasoning, and mango pineapple mix juice .


After waiting in a decent time, finally came the juice that was ordered. Fresh juices served without additional water, liquid sugar was separated. It's excellent, I've never enjoyed like this. I do not add sugar because it tastes just right. While working on something in the notebook in the dimly lit small candles in front of me, do not feel my juice run out. But my food had not arrived. I began to get anxious. My stomach started to scream. I several times give a signal to the waiter and asked about my order. They just said still cooked for many other orders, because so many orders are waiting to be cooked. Finally my patience exhausted. I decided to cancel my order and only pay for juice.

My dream about rice eggplant balado has been deleted. I am very disappointed, why they take so long to cook, but they continued to receive visitors. Well maybe next time I will come but not in a state of hunger. Hopefully you have better luck than me.

When you look to the internet then you will find the Via-Via lot in a few locations that are owned by the Belgians.

No comments: